TRC Programs - Our Work
Here is a list of the major programs and projects the Two Rivers Coalition is involved in:
- E.coli Monitoring - Human sewage contamination of our precious water?
Volunteer Stream Monitoring Program - Macroinvertebrates living in the waterways say much about the health of our rivers.
- Prothonotary Warbler Partnership - Understanding an important flood plain forest indicator species.
Pollution Hotlines - Who do I call to report activities causing water pollution?
- Phosphorus Reduction - Zero-In-The-Middle lawn fertilizers
- Septic System Best Practices - Keep your septic system healthy
- Aquatic Buffers - Sustain the integrity of stream ecosystems and habitats.
- Wetland Protection and Restoration - $1.6 million program in the Two Rivers watersheds.
- Garlic Mustard - A major threat to our woodlands
- Waterfront Wisdom - Given that the number one source of water pollution today comes from storm water runoff that enters our lakes and streams without prior treatment, waterfront property owners have a special responsibility to protect our water resources.
Where do you wash your car? It matters!
This page last updated on 2/1/2023.